Tangerine launches BYO device for NBN connections
Today Tangerine Telecom launches the option to use a BYO modem on all NBN connections. This means that customers can use their own NBN ready modem or router to connect to the NBN network with Tangerine.
It has often been a bug bear of some internet enthusiasts that they are forced to use a particular ISP's modem to connect to the NBN. Now Tangerine supports any compatible NBN ready device to be used to connect to FTTP, FTTN, FTTB, HFC or Fixed Wireless NBN.
There are some BYO requirements that need to be adhered to, to ensure the successful connection to the NBN network. These include ensuring that the device is capable of connecting to the specific type of NBN connection used to connect the property. Also PPPoE authentication and VLAN tagging is required. Full details can be read on the BYO requirements page.
This announcement is great news for NBN users who already have their own NBN ready device. Tangerine regularly hears from NBN users who want to join and use their own premium device. This may be due to their existing network set up, or the superiority of their existing device. It's also great for the environment and saves unnecessary cyber waste. Now users can connect to the NBN using the device they want to.
Tangerine can still provide users with an NBN ready modem, pre-configured and ready to go if required. Users who are connecting to the NBN for the first
time may not be able to use their previous ADSL or ADSL2+ modem as these may well not be compatible with the NBN. Also some users may not be comfortable
re-configuring their existing device. In these cases Tangerine can supply a device completely ready to go with the users unique credentials and settings
- Tangerine launches the new Netcomm NF18ACV Upgraded Modem
- VLAN Tagging no long required for Tangerine NBN connections.
- Warrnambool to see massive increase in NBN availability this March
- Tangerine launches BYO device for NBN connections
- What do the NBN service classes all mean?
- Large parts of Craigeburn in Victoria now live for NBN
- Huge areas of Sunshine Coast including Maroochydore about to go live for NBN
- NBN Goes Live in Orange, NSW
- Lonsdale Depot lights up for NBN in Adelaide - covering 25,000 homes.
- St Mary's area in Adelaide now live with Tangerine Telecom
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
Fast Online Sign Up
No messing about, join up now
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)