Do I need to keep a phone line to get NBN?
The NBN network is being rolled out across the country in a number of different methods.
1. FTTP - Fibre to the Premises. This is where fibre optics is used to deliver high speed internet right into your home.
2. FTTN - Fibre to the Node. This is where fibre optics is delivered to your street and then high speed internet is transferred to a copper cable that
runs into your home. The node is a box that is constructed in the street that transfer the internet from fibre optics to copper. If you have an existing
copper telephone line connected to your property, NBN will use this for NBN. Note that there is no need to continue paying line rental. If you have
not had a copper line connected to your property NBN will install one.
3. FTTB - Fibre to the building. This is where fibre optics is delivered to your building and then copper is used to distribute high speed internet around you building. This is used in apartment blocks or shopping centres.
4. Fixed Wireless. This is where a wireless network is set up in a small town and receivers are placed on the roof of every building to receive the high speed broadband.
5. Satellite. This is where high speed internet is sent via satellite to receivers around the country.
Tangerine Telecom is rated 4.3 out of 5 by 420 customers.
< Go Back
Recent Help Articles
- Thanks for your XXL Upgrade Request.
- Have a Need for Speed? Upgrade Special Offer
- NBN Dropouts - FTTN/FTTB/FTTC
- Do I need to cancel my old NBN service when transferring to Tangerine?
- Why is my NBN running slow?
- Can I put my NBN service "on hold"?
- Roaming Travel Pack
- Does Tangerine charge a speed change fee?
- Can I set up a reverse DNS record (PTR record) with my Tangerine NBN plan?
- Risk Free 14 Day Trial Terms and Conditions
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
14 Day Risk Free Trial
Just cancel if you're not satisfied
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)