What's the difference between the standard NBN modem and the upgraded modem?
The standard modem is the Netcomm NF10WV. It includes Wifi and is perfectly suitable for most homes. You can connect up to 4 devices to it using an ethernet cable plus as many wireless devices as you need.
The upgraded modem offers AC1600 Wifi, which provides wireless broadcast at 2.6Ghz and 5Ghz. This provides faster data transfer between different devices in your home. It also provides a greater range of Wifi meaning it will reach further locations in your home than the standard NBN modem.
If your house is particularly large or you simply want, best possible performance from your home network the upgraded modem (Netcomm NF18ACV) is for you.
You can purchase the upgraded modem when completing your sign up at the check out.< Go Back
Recent Help Articles
- Do I need to cancel my old NBN service when transferring to Tangerine?
- Why is my NBN running slow?
- Can I put my NBN service "on hold"?
- Roaming Travel Packs
- Does Tangerine charge a speed change fee?
- Can I set up a reverse DNS record (PTR record) with my Tangerine NBN plan?
- Risk Free 14 Day Trial Terms and Conditions
- Mobile Coverage & Speed Information
- Tangerine offers discounted price on upgraded NBN modem (Netcomm NF18ACV) until June 30.
- More Information on NBN Speeds
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
14 Day Risk Free Trial
Just cancel if you're not satisfied
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)