Requirements to use your own BYO device for NBN
Tangerine has a limited support on a BYO NBN modem/router option when connecting for NBN.
IMPORTANT: It is vital that you know how to configure your own BYO device. If you are at all unsure we recommend
purchasing a pre-configured device from us to ensure an easy connection to NBN. It is important to check that your modem/router supports the relevant
connection type detailed in the table below for the type of NBN that is used to connect your property. If you need any assistance please get in touch
with our team.
|| Router/Modem Connection Type
|FTTP|| Router/WAN Connection
|| Router/WAN Connection
|HFC|| Router/WAN Connection
|FTTN/B|| VDSL Modem required
* We do not require VLAN Tagging on our modems or routers to connect to our carrier network.
Our technical team may be able to assist with limited support to configure of your BYO device, but due to the wide number of devices available on the market
this cannot be guaranteed. You must be confident in configuring your device yourself using the ISP username and password that will
be emailed and SMS'd to you during your activation.
If you wish to use a Tangerine NBN phone plan with your own BYO device it is important that the device supports VOIP services.
If you're unsure or would just prefer us to ship a pre-configured NBN modem that's ready to go you can order one right here.
< Go Back
Recent Help Articles
- Thanks for your XXL Upgrade Request.
- Have a Need for Speed? Upgrade Special Offer
- NBN Dropouts - FTTN/FTTB/FTTC
- Do I need to cancel my old NBN service when transferring to Tangerine?
- Why is my NBN running slow?
- Can I put my NBN service "on hold"?
- Roaming Travel Pack
- Does Tangerine charge a speed change fee?
- Can I set up a reverse DNS record (PTR record) with my Tangerine NBN plan?
- Risk Free 14 Day Trial Terms and Conditions
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
14 Day Risk Free Trial
Just cancel if you're not satisfied
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)