Requirements to use your own BYO device for NBN
Tangerine supports a BYO NBN modem/router option when connecting for NBN. We do not require the VLAN tagging feature on your BYO device as do a lot of other NBN providers.
It is important to check that your modem/router supports the relevant connection type detailed in the table below for the type of NBN that is used to connect
your property. If you need any assistance please get in touch with our team.
|| Router/Modem Connection Type
|FTTP|| Router/WAN Connection
|| Router/WAN Connection
|HFC|| Router/WAN Connection
|FTTN/B|| VDSL Modem required
Our technical team can help as much as possible with configuration of your BYO device. Due to the vast range of devices that are out there we may not be able to support every make and model. Due to this we recommended that you have a good understanding of how to configure your own device.
If you wish to use a Tangerine NBN phone plan with your own BYO device it is important that the device supports VOIP services.
If you're unsure or would just prefer us to ship a pre-configured NBN modem that's ready to go you can order one right here.
< Go Back
Recent Help Articles
- Do I need to supply my bank account details at sign up?
- What are the international rates from Telstra 4G mobile?
- What destinations are included in the 64 international destinations?
- How long will the nbn50 promo run for?
- How do I relocate my NBN service?
- How do I set up or change my direct debit details?
- Where are the "X-Low" promotional plans I saw on Whistleout?
- What settings are required for my NBN modem?
- List of BYO compatible NBN modem/routers
- Refer a Friend Special Offer - $50 Promotion
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
Fast Online Sign Up
No messing about, join up now
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)