Mobile Network Coverage
SIM Only Mobile Coverage
Use our interactive map to check the mobile coverage for your area.
Great Network Coverage
Tangerine uses the Telstra Wholesale Mobile Network.
The Telstra Wholesale Mobile Network coverage area reaches more than 98.8% of the Australian population with 3G*, 4G or 5G and covers more than 1.6m square kilometres of the Australian landmass. The service provides 4G coverage reaching at least 98.7% of the Australian population and at least 75% with 5G.
*At end June 2024 3G network services will cease.
Factors influencing your actual speeds
Data download and upload speeds. The speed you will experience on your mobile device is limited by many factors such as:
- The topography of your location (for example any obstructions of the line of sight to the base station);
- Your distance from the base station;
- The local weather conditions (like extreme heat or heavy rain);
- How many other users are accessing the mobile network from the base station at the same time (i.e., number of concurrent users);
- Whether your device supports the relevant mobile network spectrum bands;
- The hardware and software configuration on your device;
- Any speed cap or other restriction applied to your plan; and
- The destination of your internet browsing session (eg a busy web server).
Download speeds are capped at 100Mbps on the 12GB, 25GB, 32GB, 50GB and 80GB mobile plans and 100GB mobile broadband plans.
Download speeds are capped at 250Mbps on the 150GB mobile plan and the 200GB and 400GB mobile broadband plan. This is the maximum potential download speed. Typical speeds may often be slower and will vary due to factors such as location, device capabilities, distance from the base station, location conditions, concurrent users, hardware and software configuration and download/upload destination.