Help & FAQs
Can I request to refund my modem?
Can I request to refund my modem?
Tangerine Telecom (new and existing) customers may purchase modems from us. These can be purchased via our website www.tangerinetelecom.com.au or over the phone 1800 211 112. All modems are purchased and paid upfront and are not under a Contract. This means that upon purchase, the modems are already owned by the customer. These modems are unlocked and can be used with any service providers.
As modems are ordered from the manufacturer at the time of a customer’s purchase, we ensure that all modems are ordered brand new from our manufacturers so as much as possible, we do not accept any returns and refund requests except for the following circumstances:
• Upon installation, NBN has deemed that the address is not serviceable and Tangerine Telecom could not provide an interim solution.
Sample Scenario: You have signed up for an NBN Fixed wireless, however during installation, NBN advises that your location is not serviceable at that time.
• During the ordering process, it has been identified that the service may not be connected for over 3 months onwards and customer could not wait.
Sample Scenario: During your NBN appointment, NBN advises that a Planned remediation date is set as an issue is identified with the delivery of the service. The planned remediation date is over 3 months from today’s date).
What is not qualified for a refund?
- Buyer’s remorse - simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else.
- Delays with the NBN connection and decided to change providers – As the service provider do not have control over the installation schedules by NBN, we cannot offer refund for the cost of the modem. As the modems are not locked, you may use it with other service providers.
- Decided to get another model and would like to swap the first modem purchased – Modem swap to another model is not allowed unless the modem has not dispatched yet and has not been sent out yet. If you would like to get the other modem with another model, you may need to make a new purchase and you will end up having 2 modems.
- Cancelling the service within the 14-day risk free trial – As stated on our 14-day Risk free trial terms and conditions, effective April 1, 2020 we stopped issuing refunds for modems purchased along with the plan. Exception stated above are still considered.
- NBN delays with installation wherein the delay attributes to the customer’s premise not being completely ready for connection – sample scenario is when NBN could not proceed with the installation because the required in-home cabling has not been arranged by the customer yet and the customer changed their mind and cancelled.
If your scenario falls under the criteria above, see the Refund process outlined on our policy below:
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to our Customer Service Team at 1800 211 112.
Download your FREE Guide to the NBN
See our Privacy Collection Statement
Recent Help Articles
- What happens to my pre-payment ?
- Do you offer voice plans on NBN ?
- What are the international rates from Tangerine 4G mobile (Telstra network) ?
- Roaming Travel Packs
- How long does it take to activate/get connected to the NBN ?
- When does the pre-payment for my first month start ?
- How to check if your phone line is active
- How do I know if my BYO modem is compatible ?
- Home phone voicemail setup
- Can I keep my phone number when I switch to NBN™ Phone?