Lonsdale Depot lights up for NBN in Adelaide - covering 25,000 homes.
The Lonsdale Depot POI (or point of interconnect) and Tangerine are now accepting fibre to the node NBN orders in a highly populated part of Adelaide. The first properties in the area are now qualifying as Ready to Connect. This is yet another highly populated area of Adelaide that will have access to NBN fibre to the node technology over the coming days, weeks and months.
The coverage area includes suburbs of Hallett Cove, Happy Valley, Woodcroft, Reynella and Reynella East. Particular suburbs in the area will come online at different times throughout the remaining of the 2016. This is great news for residents of these suburbs as they'll soon be able to order services on the NBN and get access to dramatically faster internet speeds. At the time of going to print homes in Lonsdale are ready to order.
Tangerine have a team on the ground in Adelaide so you may well see us in a shopping centre or on the streets near you promoting our plans and the NBN. If you'd like one of our team to come and explain just how everything is going to work on the NBN for you don't hesitate to get in touch.
Other suburbs connected to the Londsale POI that are in the current role out phase include Woodcroft, Old Reynetta, Sheidow Park and parts of O'Halloran Hill. There are many other suburbs that will connect to the Lonsdale POI however these are not scheduled or planned at this stage.
The area shown in the image above in brown will gradually turn to purple as NBN update their maps. As the year progresses we'll see this turn completely purple as all the individual suburbs become live. The area is having NBN delivered using fibre to the node technology. This is where fibre optic internet is delivered to the street or apartment building, and then distributed to homes and apartments via copper. It is argued that this method of NBN delivery is cheaper and more cost effective that the original fibre to the premises plan. Only time will tell how long it takes for fibre to the node technology to become out dated and require upgrading.
- Toll-free calls to Israel and the Palestinian Territories
- Tangerine launches eSIM for fast mobile activation
- Triple win for Tangerine and More at Mozo Mobile Experts Choice Awards
- The Refreshingly Simple Telco
- Clean sweep for Tangerine at 2023 WhistleOut Awards
- Roam with more data for longer
- Tangerine expands 5G mobile broadband offerings
- Tangerine Trifecta at 2023 Mozo Expert Choice Broadband Awards
- DOUBLE THE FUN: Tangerine double data on eligible mobile plans
- Tangerine partners with Amazon to launch the eero 6+