NBN™ launches 50Mbps/20Mbps fixed wireless services
May 2016 Update!
50Mbps/20Mbps wireless speeds can now be ordered via Tangerine Telecom for Fixed Wireless NBN services. Order online today
Today nbnTM launches a new faster speed tier to the range of speed tiers available on the fixed wireless nbnTM network. Previously the maximum speed available via fixed wireless was 25Mbps/5Mbps. The new speed sees speeds of up to 50Mbps/20Mbps now available. nbnTM has been trialing the new speed tier with approximately 45,000 users since April this year and the trial is due to end on 30th December 2015. Results from the trial have been positive and for this reason the new speed tier has been approved and is rolling out to retail service providers.
Tangerine Telecom will be offering the new faster speed tier in the coming days and pricing will be in line with the 50Mbps/20Mbps speeds already available on fibre nbnTMservices. View our nbnTM wireless plans here.
Currently approximately 300,000 premises have access to nbnTM fixed wireless and the roll out schedule sees this increase to 600,000 homes and businesses by 2020 - the proposed completion year of the nbnTM. The 600,000 properties with access to nbnTM fixed wireless represents just 5% of the population. The remainder of the population will receive nbnTM services via fibre to the premises, fibre to the node, fibre to the basement, HFC or via satellite.
This increase in speed is great news for those Australian's in rural areas that will access the nbnTM via this fixed wireless method. 50Mbps/20Mbps is the theoretical maximum speed that can be transmitted over the network. At 50Mbps/20Mbps it would only take 3 minutes 12 seconds to download a 2 hour podcast, or a 6GB 2 hour HD movie would download in 12 minutes.
Some of the areas that already have access to nbnTM fixed wireless include: Barraba, Canowindra and Jindera in New South Wales. Mount Inkerman and Mapleton in Queensland and Williams, Donnybroo
Download your FREE Guide to the NBN
See our Privacy Collection Statement
- Tangerine joins Pancare Foundation to help improve outcomes for Australians impacted by upper GI cancer
- Parts of Torquay, VIC now live for NBN
- About NBN
- Tangerine offers discounted NBN New Development Fee
- Assistance to MUNGI customers left wondering.
- Telecube to no longer supply NBN services - SPECIAL OFFER
- What is FTTC and what suburbs are going to receive NBN by FTTC technology?
- What do the NBN service classes all mean?
- What happens at an HFC NBN installation appointment?
- Tangerine launches the new Netcomm NF18ACV Upgraded Modem