Successful launch for the first nbn™ satellite
This week saw the launch of the first of two satellites that will provide Internet to 200,000 rural and regional Australians. Residents and businesses in rural and remote Australia are due to be able to order nbnTM satellite services in the first half of 2016.
For many people living in remote parts of Australia this may be the first time that they have had access to good quality Internet. This will dramatically improve the way people can communicate.
The satellite was on board an Ariane 5 rocket and was launched from French Guiana. It will be traveling 360,000kms to reach its destination. nbnTM ran a national naming competition for the satellite and the winner was a Northern Territory student who gave it the name Sky Muster.
nbnTM delivery methods that are used in Australia’s largest cities. Internet speeds of up to 25/5Mbps should be available. There is also discussion around the nbnTM restricting some peer to peer sharing services in order to ensure that performance is not threatened.
< Go Back
- Tangerine launches the new Netcomm NF18ACV Upgraded Modem
- VLAN Tagging no long required for Tangerine NBN connections.
- Warrnambool to see massive increase in NBN availability this March
- Tangerine launches BYO device for NBN connections
- What do the NBN service classes all mean?
- Large parts of Craigeburn in Victoria now live for NBN
- Huge areas of Sunshine Coast including Maroochydore about to go live for NBN
- NBN Goes Live in Orange, NSW
- Lonsdale Depot lights up for NBN in Adelaide - covering 25,000 homes.
- St Mary's area in Adelaide now live with Tangerine Telecom
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
Fast Online Sign Up
No messing about, join up now
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)