How do I set up VLAN Tagging on my own BYO modem?
UPDATE: JUNE 2017: For NBN services ordered with Tangerine Telecom on or after 1st June 2017, VLAN Tagging is not required to be enabled on your NBN modem or router.
Please consult your modem user guide for information on this. VLAN Tagging is required by our network carrier to connect to the network if you have ordered
your service before 1st June 2017.
For NBN services ordered before 1st June 2017 you will require a p0/q100 VLAN Tagging rule configured in your modem. You'll also need to select PPPoE for
authentication and use the username and password provided in your welcome emails.
Our support team will use best endeavors to help, but please remember that you agreed to the BYO modem requirements when signing up with us. Feel free to contact us or start a live chat using the bar on the side during Australian daytime hours.
Recent Help Articles
- Do I need to cancel my old NBN service when transferring to Tangerine?
- Why is my NBN running slow?
- Can I put my NBN service "on hold"?
- Roaming Travel Packs
- Does Tangerine charge a speed change fee?
- Can I set up a reverse DNS record (PTR record) with my Tangerine NBN plan?
- Risk Free 14 Day Trial Terms and Conditions
- Mobile Coverage & Speed Information
- Tangerine offers discounted price on upgraded NBN modem (Netcomm NF18ACV) until June 30.
- More Information on NBN Speeds
6 Refreshingly Good Reasons to Sign Juice-Up
14 Day Risk Free Trial
Just cancel if you're not satisfied
No Lock In Contracts
We're confident you'll love it
No Set Up Fees
We get you up and running quickly
Crack on, download that movie
Super Quick Answer Times
Industry leading and fast
7 Day Technical Support
We're here for you, weekends included
NBN Rollout Map
Check if you can get connected at your address
(Hold tight! It takes a moment to load...)